Recommended Pollution Lessons
Noise pollution prevention and control tips
Below are a few things people and governments can do to make our communities and living laces quieter:
- Construction of soundproof rooms for noisy machines in industrial and manufacturing installations must be encouraged. That is also important for residential buildings—noisy machines should be installed far from sleeping and living rooms, like in a basement or garage.
- Use of horns with jarring sounds, motorbikes with damaged exhaust pipes, noisy trucks to be banned.
- Noise producing industries, airports, bus and transport terminals and railway stations to sighted far from where living places.
- Community law enforcers should check the misuse of loudspeakers, worshipers, outdoor parties and discos, as well as public announcements systems.
- Community laws must silence zones near schools/colleges, hospitals, etc.
- Vegetation (trees) along roads and in residential areas is a way to reduce noise pollution as they absorb sound.