Air pollution prevention, monitoring, and solutions
Solution efforts on pollution is always a big problem. This is why prevention interventions are usually a better way of controlling air pollution. These prevention methods can either come from the government (laws) or individual actions. In many big cities, monitoring pieces of equipment have been installed at many points in the city. Authorities read them regularly to check the quality of air. Let’s see more below:
Government (or community) level prevention
- Governments throughout the world have already taken action against air pollution by introducing green energy. Some governments are investing in wind energy and solar energy, as well as other renewable energy, to reduce the burning of fossil fuels, which cause heavy air pollution.
- Governments are also forcing companies to be more responsible in their manufacturing activities so that even though they still cause pollution, they are a lot controlled.
- Car manufacturing companies are also building more energy-efficient cars, which pollute less than before.
Individual Level Prevention
- Encourage your family to use the bus, train, or bike when commuting. If we all do this, there will be fewer cars on the road and fewer fumes produced.
- Use energy (light, water, boiler, kettle, and firewood) wisely. Lots of fossil fuels are burned to generate electricity, and so if we can cut down the use, we will also cut down on the amount of pollution we create.
- Recycle and re-use things. Doing that will minimize the dependence on producing new things. Remember manufacturing industries create a lot of pollution, so if we can reuse things like shopping plastic bags, clothing, paper, and bottles, it can help.